Frequently Asked Questions
To enrich the travel experience by creating a network for connecting hosts and guests.
Host Focused: Appreciate our hosts. We are focused on optimizing host experiences allowing them to manage guests and build their vacation rental business. Your vacation rental is your business. We're here to support and help.
Integrity: Align the interests of hosts and guests with the interests of Friends and Guests through honesty, transparency, openness, and a commitment to supporting all users of our site.
Relationship: Foster positive and open relationships with hosts and guests.
Security and Privacy: Committed to security and privacy. Sharing of host info and exact listing location will only occur if the host approves it.
Listing on Friends and Guests is free. When our suite of host tools become available, a monthly premium subscription fee of around $20 per listing will go into effect. A trial period will be available for the premium subscription.
With Friends and Guests, hosts can choose to remain anonymous by hiding their personal details and avatar as well as only displaying an approximate location for their listing. A host can provide full listing details to select individuals by inviting them or approving their booking request. This enables security-conscious hosts to screen potential guests before sharing sensitive details about themselves and their listing.
- A Guest List is a collection of individuals who have been invited to or booked a listing.
- A Guest List allows hosts and guests to easily connect.
- Hosts can use email invites, in-app user invites, and special share links to invite prior guests, friends, contacts, and other Friends and Guests users to their listings.
- If a Listing is anonymized, only Guest List members or invitees of a listing can see host details and the Listing's exact location.
You can build up your Guest List membership in any of the following ways:
- Share an invite link. You can copy a share link to your clipboard on the My Listings page. Anyone visiting this link will automatically receive an invite to your Guest List.
- Invite suggested guests from the guest suggestions tab of your Guest Lists management page. These are guests we've determined may be a good fit for your Guest List based on their activity on the site.
- Send invites using the “Invite Guests” button on the Guest Lists management page. You can send invites via email or directly in-app (if the invitee is an existing Friends and Guests user).
We are currently working hard to get our online booking and payments functionality up and running. Until that time, guests can message hosts directly to work out booking and payment details.
Try Friends and Guests
Listing on Friends and Guests is free. We plan to introduce a premium subscription at about $20/month per listing when our suite of host tools are available.Create a Listing
It's free. No credit card required.